Following a successful tender for the refurbishment and conservation works to the Piscatorial School in the Claddagh, Carey’s are delighted to be involved in the sensitive restoration, extension and upgrade works to the historical building dating from 1846.
The works included;
- Demolition of an external steel escape stairs to the rear of the building
- Restoration of windows along the front elevation and removal and replacement of windows and doors to the side and rear elevations.
- Erection of a replica of former statue at roof level
- Replacement and/or renovation or roof structure and slate coverings to match existing
- Reinstatement of 2 no. former chimney features and barges at the gable ends at roof level
New structural elements comprising new structural floors and a steelwork support frame to the existing building will be carefully constructed. A proposed new extension to the rear of the site will form additional floor space creating a total of 5200 sqft modern office accommodation.